2011. Whelp it's here. Another year, another start. Friends' new year's resolutions have been popping up all over the place. What do I hope for the new year? Should I set new goals and hopes? In my short life, 2010 may have been the best year yet, or at least in the top 3. With the turn of another new year comes the opportunity for a fresh start. So what if it is already the third day of 2011, I'm still making up my mind on resolutions. Totally acceptable, right?
I've never been a big fan of new year's eve, itself. As a kid, we often spent it at my grandparents', attempting to keep our eyes wide till the fireworks at midnight then crash. As I got older, NYE became a night that we scrambled to create plans at the last minute not always successful but when surrounded with loved ones, any night is a good one. As the eve of 2011 approached, yet again we were faced with the decision of what to do. In the end it was decided to board the ferry and retreat to a cozy cabin on Whidbey Island. It was the perfect way to usher in a new year. Surrounded by friends, a warm bon fire on the beach, fireworks and champagne, cheers and embraces were passed around at the stroke of midnight. Happy 2011, this is going to be the good life.
I Am-Christina Aguilera
No comments:
Post a Comment