The amount of energy these kids have on Sunday mornings after church amazes me. Yes, I admit that I did go out to celebrate my sister's birthday last night and may not have gotten enough sleep but still, holy Moses. We usually start class by sharing something from our past week. And as we've learned that if you give a mouse a cookie, he'll want a glass of milk. If you give a middle schooler the opportunity to share ONE thing, he'll share three. We usually spend about 75% of the class time trying to get everyone to calm down, sit down and keep the volume down. Successful? I think not.
Fast forward 45 minutes till the end of class, 10 minutes at coffee hour then on to Greek dance practice with the same kids. After 2 hours of dance practice (and dozens of squats from the boys) silence is finally upon us. Now if only we had dance practice before Sunday School......
Muzzles? Mandatory pre-class labor?
ReplyDeleteGood luck with those crazay kiddos!