Life with a camera fanatic/adventure sports junkie and one lovable pup




Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Catching up

15. Elevator Pitch
'Craft a one- or two-sentence "elevator speech" on what AR is. "It's a map-based wilderness endurance sport with biking, trekking and boating." Or, "Adventure racing is like a treasure hunt where you bike, run, and paddle to find checkpoints." Or, "Have you ever seen the show 'Amazing Race'? -- it's kind of like that."' (See article at end of post...)


I haven't blogged in a while. Things have been busy. Good busy. I've recently discovered my love of adventure sports photography. After volunteering and taking pictures at the Trioba 24 hour adventure race in Chelan/Plain, Washington, I was asked to take pictures at the Capitol Forest 50/100 mile mountain bike race. It was awesome! I had a lot of fun at both races and I'm learning more with my camera every day.
Trioba 24-Team Mergeo & Manny's cruising through the finish line

Trioba 24-Kayak leg

Some friends will be racing in the Checkpoint Tracker Adventure Racing National Championships at the end of October. In Moab, Utah. Red rock. Roadtrip? Team photographer? Done!
Capitol Forest-Start of the 50 mile race

Capitol Forest 50 mile-Racer coming into the Wedekind TA
I plan on doing some more reading of sports photography so I can get the best pictures possible while we're there.

Until next time, check out www.Facebook.com/ChachPhotography for recent news!

For those of you who don't know much about adventure racing (or think we're insane) here's an interesting article by "world-traveling adventurer and journalist", Stephen Regenold: http://gearjunkie.venturethere.com/blogs/detail/An-Open-Letter-To-Adventure-Race-Directors/305.html

1 comment:

  1. We love that an *awesome photographer* is following us to Utah. Paparazzi:)

    T

    ReplyDelete