I started this post a few nights ago but didn't get around to publishing it. Now it feels I may jinx the weather, talking about rain on what is starting out as a sunny day...
If I could bottle (er...record?) the sound of the rain, I would. It is so beautiful. So calming. So...home. As much as I am not ready for the end of summer, I welcome nights like this, a soothing lullaby outside and a calm dog by my side. A much welcomed night in was filled with mostly successful house projects, mainly centered around bathroom improvements. A minor fix-upgrading my shower head. And another more important fix-storage. Besides the medicine cabinet (that's what it's called, right? Thing behind the mirror? I totally just spaced...), there is no storage in my bathroom. Not as much of an issue at the current moment but when my roommate moves in next month, the lack there of may be noticed more significantly. Other problem-my bathroom is tiny. Sigh.
So I did some research and headed off to Bed Bath & Beyond with a coupon in hand. You may already know where I'm heading with this. Oh yes, the ever classy over-the-toilet "space saver," as it is titled. Well it took a bit longer than anticipated to assemble. This may have been due to the multitasking of consoling a whining wet dog (barricaded in the garage), the watching of Lipstick Jungle on Hulu or the beer being consumed, as well as a few assembler-errors. Before I could finish the final assembly in the bathroom I had to remove the wire towel rack previously filling the wall space, left by the former oh-so-gracious sellers. Have I mentioned their glorious painting skills before? Because let me tell you....(thought this post was going to be all puppies and rain(bows) huh?)...the paint job(s) in this house SUCK. For a bit of background, I grew up with white walls, that I can handle. Add some colorful artwork, good to go. Chach Casa has off-white-ish walls with white trim. Still fine. Buuuut...I'm not sure if it's the kind of paint that was used or the application or what (I don't know that much about paint). I just know that this paint chips off at a ridiculous rate. And not a dry chip. A don't-even-think-about-getting-a-hole-in-me paint job because it PEELS. You started off with a drywall screw and ended up with a paint chip the size of Africa on your floor. NOT good. Oh right, off tangent, back to the story. So I went to remove the wire rack, unscrewed the 2 screws holding it in place and.....NOTHING HAPPENS. Doesn't even move. Who needs screws when you've got paint to hold a rack in place?
And so, yes, here at Chach Casa we now have bathroom storage. We also have peeled paint the size of my fist. Guess it's time to call it a night.
Sweet dreams ya'll.
No comments:
Post a Comment