I finally signed the papers for my house! This has been a much anticipated day for me. There were many bumps along the road and it was a great learning experience. The motto I've adopted for my first home buying experience is Murphy's Law-Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong. Is it because my mother's maiden name is Murphy? But believe me, there were BUMPS and even a few potholes but I've made it. Either way, it makes me appreciate the end result that much more.
Though I've received mostly overwhelmingly positive responses when sharing with others that I'm buying a home, I can tell some people think I'm crazy to do so as a single gal in my early 20's. However, this is what feels right to me. I've graduated college, traveled and now this feels like a step in the right direction for the next chapter of my life. Of course there are things that will be a bit limited once a mortgage payment is added into my monthly bills but hopefully it'll incorporate some simplicity into my life and I'll learn to save for things that I really want.
I should be getting the keys on Friday which may mean vacation day then off to run the Seattle Rock & Roll half marathon Saturday morning before another day of moving! No rest for the weary? Totally worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment