What's that? It's supposed to be closing day? Is it because I started packing last night? (I should know by now not to jump the gun.) Well let's make it a little more interesting! Of course this house buying process wouldn't be complete if we didn't throw in a few last minute hurdles. Someone is really trying to teach me some patience with this experience.
I was pretty patient yesterday. Only started packing last night, loaded two boxes into my car then remembered "Oh, that's right, anytime I allow a glimmer of hope, something happens and usually something that delays the buying/moving process even further." Sad? Yes, I know. Well I stopped packing, dropped the boxes on my floor and headed to bed to finish my book (Hotel on the Corner of Bitter & Sweet-I recommend it.)
This morning, Friday-supposed closing/key day, I woke up with the plan of working till I heard any news then possibly taking the rest of the day off because damnit, I've waited long enough, I'm going to enjoy some time in my house! But alas, mortgage lenders don't care about your plans, they care about money and stability and proof. Around 11 this morning I received a call from my escrow agent, Kat. The lender wanted proof that water heater had been replaced as requested-I know for a fact that it was because I happened to be creeping on my house as it was being replaced one day. They also wanted proof that my earnest money check had cleared. Well obviously it cleared, you have the money and it was withdrawn from my account TWO MONTHS AGO! Jeez. So, yet again, waiting on a call. And yes, I have lost all focus for work at this point, in case you were wondering.
No comments:
Post a Comment