Sunday June 27th: The first day in my new house I woke up early to bright sunlight streaming in my not-yet-covered windows. The front of my house faces east so I'm lucky to get lots of early natural light. I got out of bed and continued the ongoing process of setting in. The 2nd bedroom is currently my dumping ground, unpacking from there so at least the rest of my house is somewhat organized. As the first attempt of hanging a shower curtain failed and ultimately broke the rod, I wasn't exactly equipped to shower yet (don't worry I showered the night before at Steph's.) Stephanie and Adam had invited me to join the Clemons fam at Cirque de Soleill that afternoon. I almost turned the offer down so I could get more stuff done around the house and get some shopping done but then I remembered the somewhat emotional night I had and decided it would be good to get out of the house for a fun afternoon, free of house stress. It was a good call. The show did not disappoint; I'd been to Cirque once before in Chicago a few years back.

Original living room set up
After the show my best friend from kindergarten, Kristen-who just moved back to Seattle!, picked me up and we headed back to the house. She helped me put together my bookcase that will eventually hold the TV. Kristen has lived on her own for a while and had reassuring words that I would find my stride soon enough. She was right.
New bookcase!
Monday June 28th Day 2: Monday was a brand new day. It was a good day. I had to work from home, waiting for the internet modem to be delivered. I was able to balance a few offline projects that I had with continuing to make my way through an initial wash of all the dishes. Late in the afternoon the modem came and after a quick set up, I now have internet! Still don't have a wireless router yet but that's not a huge deal when there's only one person who needs to be connected. My parents came over a little later for my dad to see the house and take a look at my kitchen faucet. Problem 1-my faucet comes out of the wall, not the sink. This wouldn't be all that bad if the faucet currently installed wasn't so short that every time I try to wash dishes the water goes everywhere but in the sink. So off to the hardware store. The local store had 1 option, other than my current set up, but didn't seem to be that much longer. I decided to wait and try my luck at a bigger hardware store. We also got a new shower curtain rod, made copies of the keys and bought gardening clippers.

Yay for functioning shower curtains!
No comments:
Post a Comment