Well let's see...the last time I was here, I was dealing with the water (or lack thereof), my friend Stephanie (aka Pappy) flew into town and then we headed south to Gig Harbor for my favorite July activity of summer camp. No, I am NOT too old for summer camp. Camp was amazing. The first day I was a little concerned because I was still in "camp in the Greece" mode but it turned out to be a great two weeks. It was really nice having Pappy there because she was experiencing the same Greece-withdrawls and we were able to survive together. Campers, staff and volunteers were all awesome and the weather was perfect! We drove back to Seattle the weekend between sessions so Pappy could experience a little more Seattle lovin' and we went to the Sounders vs FC Dallas soccer game to cheer on our fellow Greek. When we got back that Saturday, we were all exhausted and I accepted the fact that napping was more important than house upkeep. For some reason I decided to power through the lack of energy to mow the lawn, wash my car, do laundry and clean. No nap for me but next it was on to a night out in Ballard which led to the usual antics and one too many photos with a giant salmon in the street.
![]() |
| Ballard Seafood Fair-after hours |
Back to camp for another week (with one drive in the middle to take Pappy to the airport-sad day) and home again on the 17th. Again I went on a house maintenance spree, finally tackling the grass in the backyard. I soon discovered that my ancient lawnmower weighs about 70 pounds, not a big deal unless you're trying to haul it up stairs to mow the 2nd level of your lawn. In the end, I was successful. The edges of the yard are still chaotic and 75% of my grass is officially dead from the heat wave but it's still a step in the right direction. Next off to a Burien pub crawl for Adam's birthday which was a lot of fun but another night with no sleep.
Sunday-sleep. That afternoon I finally gave in. I sunk into my couch (which is ridiculously comfortable-thanks Diane!) and passed out. The kitchen is a mess, I still haven't unpacked but the only way I can start off another week is to get some rest.
Monday-5am wake up to head to my first Bikram (hot) yoga class with Stephanie. I think the heat in Greece last summer prepared me a little for it. Don't get me wrong, I still sweated like none other but it wasn't terrible and I made it through the entire 90 minutes. After the class we learned that the heater was broken so it was only 100 degrees instead of 105, oh boy. Back to the office for the first time in a while and attempting to catch up on all the work I couldn't get through while in Gig Harbor-shotty internet and 60+ kids constantly needing your attention does not equal a productive work environment, at least now I know for the future. Book/wine club with the ladies after work was fabulous and good to see everyone.
Tuesday-Today I'm working at home. Decided to skip yoga to actually get a full night's sleep, 10 hours=amazing! X brought more boxes over from the move out of Bellingham so now my kitchen cupboards are filled with more spices, pans and I even got a few board games out of it! Post work plans include actual cleaning and unpacking!
PS-anyone want to have a garden tackling party next week? Beer and BBQ included!

No comments:
Post a Comment